Today I baked some Halloween, chocolate flavoured cupcakes with vanilla icing.
I got the recipe from Lola’s Cupcakes recipe book! They have multiple coffee shops in London and one day I’d really like to go there. Their recipe book is amazing and I’ve already baked a couple of their cupcakes.
Anyway I made their classic chocolate cupcakes but put a Halloween twist on them. I did this by adding red, blue and yellow and red (to make orange) food colouring. I also put marshmallows as eyes, green jelly snakes as the stalk of a pumpkin and purple ones to make devils ears.
Without further ado let’s get on with the recipe!
- 220g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour or 1 cup plain flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 45g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 80g whole milk
What to do:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the sugar in a mixing bowl and crack the 3 eggs in with it.
- Mix the eggs and sugar together with a whisk until it is light and fluffy
- Mix the oil and milk together in a separate bowl with a spatula.
- Pour the milk and oil mixture in with the sugar and eggs while mixing
- Sieve the flour and cocoa together
- Pour the cocoa and flour mixture into the main bowl while mixing
- Pour the mixture into individual baking cases and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Take out and leave to cool
- 150g sticks butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350g icing sugar
- 3-4 whole milk
- Any food colouring you like
What to do:
- Put butter in a mixing bowl and beat until light.
- Add the vanilla and mix
- Sift half the icing sugar in and mix.
- Sift the other half in and mix
- Add the food colouring and mix
- Pipe the different colour icing on the cupcake
- Jelly snakes/green jellies
- Anything else you like!
* * * *
So that concludes this countdown! I’d just like to say thank you for reading these posts and liking and commenting! It was really fun and I hope to do something like this again.
Comment down below your favourite post of the countdown!
* * * *
Questions asked by Wordjunkie on my post Q & A:
- What’s your most favorite thing about autumn?
I favourite thing about Autumn is sitting by the fire, reading and drinking hot chocolate. I also like when it’s raining and I’m inside on the couch or in bed!
- Favorite candy to go trick or treating for?
I don’t exactly have a favourite but I really like getting anything with chocolate and caramel!
- To what extent do you decorate and get dressed up?
I decorate the house quite a lot but every year I get more and more! I used to go out and buy a proper costume but now I kind of make it myself using old clothes!
Thankyou to wordjunkie for asking these questions!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Halloween and thank you once again!
Lots of love,