It’s day 4 of the countdown! We’re half way through!
Today is one of the posts I was most excited about making. I was looking for DIY Halloween Decorations on Pinterest and I found these:
We all know the feeling of disappointment when you’re all set out to make DIY decorations and we find out we have none of the things to make it. I think the ingredients? for this aren’t too hard to get if you don’t have them at home.
So today my cousin and I sat down and spent at least an hour working on these and they turned out really well I think! (My cousin will be making a blog soon so be sure check it out when she does. I’ll leave a link when she makes it!)
Here is how to make my (and my cousin’s) Pinterest inspired tea light Holders.
What You Need:
Crépe paper in any colour you like (I used orange)
Ribbon in any colour ( I used white and red)
What To Do:
- Cut enough crépe paper to wrap around the jar.
- Paint glue all over the jar.
- Stick the crépe paper on the jar and cut off any extra paper.
- Repeat these steps to put a second layer of paper on the jar.
- Cut off enough ribbon to put around the top of the jar.
- Glue the top and bottom of the ribbon and wrap it around the top.
- Wait for the jar to dry.
- Draw any Halloween designs you like on the jar with black marker. For example: witches, moons, haunted houses, cats etc.
- Put a tealight inside of the jar and light it!
That’s all you have to do! It does take a while but it’s worth it!
Here are what ours turned out like:
I hope some of you will make them!
*Once again please comment some ideas for posts as I will use them!
**Also I will be doing a Q & A this week so please comment some Halloween and Autumn themed questions!!!
That is all for now!
Thankyou for reading!
Lots of love,