I can’t believe it’s nearly time to go back to school…
The holidays are over and for me it feels like the next couple of months, until we get our winter holidays, are going to pass by in a blur of classes, homework and short weekends. Before we know it the term will be over and we’ll be struggling to remember what we’ve done the past few weeks.
Now this school year I want to try and change that. So I’ve come up with an idea to help make everyday a little more memorable. I’m going to challenge myself to do some thing new and different so that each day stands out.
Here are somethings that you could do to define your days:
- Talk to someone who you’ve never spoken to. Whether it’s a person in your class or in your neighbourhood, go up to someone who you don’t know much about and talk to them. Challenge yourself to find out one interesting fact about them.
- Listen to a genre of music you don’t usually listen too. Who knows maybe you’ll find your new favourite band!
- Bake or cook something exotic. Make a dish with ingredients you’ve never used.
- Donate money to a charity. Choose any charity you like and donate some money to them.
- Catch up with a friend you haven’t talked to in a long time. Call an old friend and arrange to meet up with them.
- Conquer a fear. It doesn’t have to be a huge fear but it can just be something small like spiders. Instead of screaming the next time you see one go over to it and tell yourself that it’s more scared of you than you are of it.
- Try out a new skill. You can learn how to play a new instrument, a new sport, join a choir, anything at all.
- Learn a new hairstyle and wear it to school/work. You might be surprised at the reaction you get.
- Visit somewhere near your home that you’ve never been to. It might be an old monument, an interesting shop or just an area that you never noticed was there.
- Buy yourself something nice. You could buy a book, makeup, something for your room, anything you fancy. It might really brighten up your day!
So those were just some of the many things you could do to put a bit of variety into our day.I hope that some of you guys will try a few of these out and also comment any other ideas you might have to define your day.
That’s all for now!